Do you ever feel like you are holding yourself back?
Is life is passing you by because you can’t get out of your own way?
We know we are capable of a lot more, if only we could just open a door and move forward in life.
We all go through times when procrastination and comfort zones are our favorite states of mind. Some of us are recovering from a trauma or illness. Some are just unmotivated or stifled by a less than interesting job.
It’s not a fun time and we kind of choke on our own routines.
At some point we need to turn around and get back on course.
I know these actions can help because for many years I was house bound and bound by fear, with a condition called agoraphobia. I was afraid of leaving the house! It’s true and it’s a long story.
Anyway I used many techniques to get me where I am today, which is a very good place. This list is a starting point, the first stepping stones to freedom.
Your mind and heart will open, you can breath again.
Possibilities and opportunities will start to come your way. Your thoughts will expand and create. You will move forward in your life to where positive directions and contented relationships can blossom.
50 simple ways to change what holds us back.
1. Say ‘Thank You’ often. 2. Fast for one day, occasionally.
3. Write your bucket list. 4. Ignore what others think.
5. Check the “Use By Dates” in your pill box. 6. Phone an old friend.
7. Play a round of Hopscotch in the street. 8. Close your eyes and breath.
9.Update your profile on Face Book. 10. Take breakfast to the park.
13. Select one problem and fix it now. 14. Walk in the rain, (with an umbrella.)
15. Lay naked in the sun for 10 minutes.
16. Celebrate one small achievement.
17. Donate unused clothes .
18. Change radio stations.
19. Dance with a woman.
20. Write down ten highlights of last year.
21. Ask your Dad for advice. 22. Lay on the ground, in public.
23. Eliminate sugar. 24. Express your opinion.
25. Volunteer for one thing. 26. Flex your commitment muscle.
27. Plunge your whole body into water. 28. Have a turn at Karaoke.
29. Shake hands with two hands. 30. Take one photo every day.
31. Open a higher interest savings account. 32. Hold your partners hand.
33. Walk barefoot on grass or sand. 34. Be thankful for your blessings.
35. Eat plain yoghurt. 36. Pick up a musical instrument and play with it.
37. Forgive yourself of past mistakes. 38. Catch a ferry.
39. Have a ‘Spend No Money Day’ for 3 in a row. 40. Sit in silence in the forest.
41. Make a lump sum payment on a loan account. 42. Rise 30 minutes early.
43. Kiss with your eyes open.
45. Take the long way home. 46.Permit yourself to have a little fun.
47. Turn off the TV.
48. Know that you might be wrong, sometimes.
49. Have a ‘Say Yes To Everything Day’. I dare you!
50. Notice what needs changing and change it now.
We can move forward. No sweat!
You will see that the sky does not fall in when you make a change…you can feel safe and confident to take a new step forward. Your world will continue to expand and show more and more opportunities. Lighten up and have some fun with it.
Tell me how you coped with changes. How did you move forward. What held you back?
Leave a comment below or share this post with someone who can benefit.
Go well from Janelle.
Founder of TheCashedUpNomad.com ‘Earn Your freedom Online’.
This post was first published on January 10, 2015 and updated on 30 march 2016.
- Doing Good Is Good For Business. Make A Difference Online.
- I Left My Heart In Samoa
- Want To Work Online At Home? 3 Essentials, Worldwide.